Please note: We are pausing all existing consultations and routine information requests until further notice to help reduce the burden on higher education providers as they deal with the coronavirus pandemic. A new deadline for this consultation will be confirmed.
This consultation sets out proposals for the regulation by the Office for Students (OfS) of harassment and sexual misconduct affecting students in OfS registered higher education providers.
Full details about this consultation
, including the consultation document, are available on the OfS website.
If you have any questions about this consultation, please contact email@example.com
or call our public enquiry line on 0117 931 7317.
Here is a short summary of how the personal information you submit will be held and used:
- All questions asked are optional.
- Your name and email address will be collected so that we may contact you for any queries in relation to your submission. This will not be optional if you wish to save a partially completed survey to return to later.
- We will also ask about the organisation you are from (if applicable), which will be used to record and analyse the responses. Individuals or organisations will not be identifiable in our consultation response.
- For individual responses we will also collect demographic data, such as ethnicity and gender, to identify whether we are capturing a representative and inclusive sample.
- The Data Controller of the personal information you submit will be Office for Students.
- Under data protection legislation, we require a legal basis to be able to process your personal information for the purposes set out above. In this case, the legal bases are (1) Necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller and (2) Consent – for special category data (e.g. ethnicity, gender, disability) should you choose to submit such information.
- It will be stored on secure servers within the UK.
- It will not be routinely shared with any other organisations.
- It will be retained for four months after the end of the consultation then securely disposed of.
- You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, set out on the privacy section of the OfS website.
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any queries or concerns you have about the use of your personal information.
You may also wish to read the full privacy notice on the OfS website